[rules-users] Drools solver info => provide DSL instead of DRL to Drools Solver

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:24:01 EST 2009

Hi Marco,

[I've send this answer to the drools user list,
please post any follow ups on the user list instead of mailing it
directly to me.
You can use nntp://news.gmane.org #gmane.comp.java.drools.user if you
want to keep your mailbox clean.]

Drools Solver's xml configuration doesn't support <scoreDsl> entry's yet
That shouldn't be to much work. I just created a JIRA for it:
  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-2333
Patch welcome (attached to that jira) and I would apply it within a week
on trunk.

Short of doing the patch on trunk, you can do this workaround:
- build the Solver directly yourself (basically just fisheye.jboss.org
for XmlSolverConfigurer's code). Not recommended.
- supply a an empty drl to <scoreDrl>, build the Solver, cast it to
DefaultLocalSearchSolver and replace the rulebase.
Both are not ideal in the long run though.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet