[rules-users] Drools Flow 5.1.0.M1 - Pooling of WSHumanTaskHandler and MinaTaskClient - IoSession

Vijay K Pandey VPandey at mdes.ms.gov
Fri Nov 13 15:08:50 EST 2009

Hi,

We have a web based application that currently deals with MQ Workflow for all the WSHT related processes/tasks. We are in the process of migrating to Drools Flow. In our current scenario we pool MQ workflow session (through apache commons pooling) - and our hundreds of web users use these sessions to get their word done (like starting a new process, retrieving a task, complete/forwarding/terminating tasks etc) - what we have seen is that in an 8hr window we have around 20,000 calls to mq workflow (around 42 calls/minute) - and it scales pretty good with mq workflow session pooling in place.

Should I go ahead and extend WSHumanTaskHandler and MinaTaskClient so that they don't go through "connect" on every operation and get the MINA IoSession from some pool - as it might consume quite a bit of resources/time consuming to have a separate physical connections for each operation.

Looking forward for your recommendations.

Thanks
Vijay