[rules-users] Drools Flow 5.1.0.M1 - Pooling of WSHumanTaskHandler and MinaTaskClient - IoSession

Vijay K Pandey VPandey at mdes.ms.gov
Sun Nov 15 17:16:44 EST 2009

Thanks Kris. I did saw the connect method and saw that it only creates a new connection if the client is null, but my question was more at the level of "session" (StatefulKnowledgeSession) and MinaTaskClient creation.

        StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession( kbase, null, env );

        ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", new WSHumanTaskHandler());

So with each StatefulKnowledgeSession - we will have a new "connect". I think pooling the WSHumanTaskHandler would not make any sense bcoz the executeWorkItem method registers the MinaTaskClient with the MinaTaskServer for several events.

Now another main component for us is the MinaTaskClient where we will be performing lots of operation where we won't register for any events. In that case I think we can pool the MinaTaskClient - may be even 1 MinaTaskClient can work for all the non registered client operations - as MINA IoSession is thread safe, need to make sure the IoFilter to be thread safe - but to be on better side we can pool MinaTaskClient.

I hope I am making some sense? Do let me know your recommendation.

Thanks

Vijay