[rules-users] Stateful session and non-existence of Facts

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:26:53 EST 2009

   Leonardo,

   First, I believer there is a misconception in your reasoning: creating
sessions is supposed to be much much cheaper than retracting all facts.
Creating a rulebase is heavier, because it requires compilation, but
creating a session is supposed to be very light by design. So, first thing
you should do is change that.

   Regarding your question, if you insert:

SiteLanguage(language : languageCode)
t : SiteSpecialServiceType(type : specialServiceType)

   The rule will activate and fire. If you don't, then the rule will not
match. That is how it is supposed to work.

   Edson

2009/11/17 Leonardo Gomes <leonardo.f.gomes at gmail.com>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have the following situation while running a stateful session with Drools
> 4.0.7:
>
> - I want to test that a fact with a given state doesn't exist;
> - It works fine
> - At a certain point I have to retract all facts and reinsert them at the
> stateful session - some of them actually changed and I don't want to
> recreate the session b/c it's expensive
> - Again the fact that didn't exist when I first created the session still
> doesn't exist
>
> ** Problem: This time the rule that verified the non-existence is not fired
> because I didn't insert any fact that would retrigger it.
>
> Rule example:
>
> rule "022"
>
> when
>
> SiteLanguage(language : languageCode)
> t : SiteSpecialServiceType(type : specialServiceType)
> not SiteLanguageSpecialServiceType(specialServiceType == type, languageCode
> == language)
> then
>                 <<consequence>>
> end