[rules-users] Using DateFormat and getting today's date in drools5.0

ABRA2 rabarna at archstone.in
Wed Nov 18 00:26:51 EST 2009

I need to compare date from java bean to system date for a rule. I referred
to previous posts, drools expert documentation and tried to come up with a
rule which is not yet working. Please help me for the same.

1. Which package should i import to use DateFactory? It is not in
org.drools.base.evaluators.DateFactory anymore i guess. Is there a better
way to get CurrentSystemDate other than using DateFactory?

2. In my JavaBean the date has format dd/MM/YYYY. So where do i set this
format to drools.dateformat? In my .drl file or in the java pgm where i load
the .drl file and do insertion of fact objects and fire the rules.

rule SetTktIssueDate
when
  	DateFactory($sysdate : today )
        $br:BillingRecord(tktIssueDate==null || tktIssueDate > sysdate)
then
	modify($br){setTktIssueDate(sysdate);}

thanks
ABRA2