[rules-users] Multiple Excel decisiontables - a bug

satjo jo_satish at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 11:49:55 EST 2009

I think following is a bug and I would like to how different users think

Issue: If there are multiple Excel decisiontables files, i.e, NOT multiple
decision tables in a single spreadsheet, then the 'fireall' does not
necessarily give right results as the rule names get repeated in the
resolved drl file.

How to produce?:
One can produce this issue adding multiple Excel files in Knowledbuilder and
also one can see the same problem in Guvnor when one uploads multiple Excel
decision tables.

Reason for the behavior:
The rule name (with row number post fix) gets repeated if all the
spreadsheets for the given model.
Let us say if I have a model 'com.sample.Test' and two spreadsheet decision
tables use this model, then the final resolved drl file would have two rules
with the same name, e.g. Test_11 etc.

I looked into the code  'org.drools.template.model' and name is not unique
between different spreadsheets.
If this name is unique, e.g. name of the spreadsheet (presuming each
spreadsheet is having unique name), then I do get correct results.

I want to know if any one has similar experience or comments.