[rules-users] Adding jars for Guvnor to work

Jervisliu jliu at redhat.com
Sun Nov 22 09:38:24 EST 2009

richarda wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have some rules that include a class that I created.. part of that class
> requires the Apache common library.
>  When I run Drools in my application it all works fine as the Apache jar
> files are in my classpath.
>
>  However, when I try to setup in Guvnor I am getting errors that the
> classpath is not found.
> Is there anyway to add jar files to the classpath of guvnor?
>
> Cheers
> Ric

If you deploy the drools-guvnor.war in your application server as
exploded directory, you can add your jar file into
drools-guvnor\WEB-INF\lib directory. Otherwise you can add your jar into
application server's common lib directory (not recommended though) or
you can explode drools-guvnor.war, add your jar file, then re-generate
drools-guvnor.war.

Cheers,
Jervis