[rules-users] Query on performance when adding/removing rules

DeepakA angeshwar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 06:05:31 EST 2009

We have a set of rules (lets call them old rules) running in our strategy
server.
A new requirement is that - the client can make calls to the server, at that
point new rules need to be loaded in the workin memory (at run time), if the
rules get executed then the rules need to be removed from the WorkinMemory
(after the consequence section is executed)

I would like to know if repeated adding and removing of rules in the working
memory will lead to performance issues?

i.e. when the new rules are added/removed the old-set-of rules will still be
evaluated in the background, will this hamper performance?