[rules-users] Does Session effeciently filter unused facts, or...

Barry Kaplan groups1 at memelet.com
Tue Nov 24 18:47:16 EST 2009

Greg, I'm not following how this is related to my question. Probably I was
unclear.

Suppose I have 1000 event types/classes, but rules that use only 50 types in
LHS patterns. I will be receiving events of random types at say 100hz. The
question is whether I should just insert the events regardless of whether
any rule actually uses the instances' event type (because the rete-oo will
filter out the unused types very quickly) or whether I should add a filter
before sesssion.insert(..) to let only those types of events that are
actually used by a rule.

My second problem/question then becomes: How to determine which
types/classes are actually used in LHS patterns for a given package? By this
I mean, how can I write code to make this determination.