[rules-users] StatefulKnowledgeSession Vs StatefulSession

DeepakA angeshwar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:09:47 EST 2009

I used a KnowledgeBuilder ro read the resources (DSL & DSLR files)
Then created a KnowledgeBase and created a StatefulKnowledgeSession out of
the KnowledgeBase.
The StatefulKnowledgeSession was used to start the process and fire all
rules.
Then I realized I was not able to access the RuleBase from
StatefulKnowledgeSession.

So, now I create a RuleBase, then a PackageBuilder, add the resources to the
packageBuilder, then add the
package to the RuleBase and create a StatefulSession out of the RuleBase.
This statefulsession is used to start the process and fire all rules.

Can someone explain to me whats the difference in the above 2 methods of
firing the rules.
Whats the difference between StatefulKnowledgeSession & StatefulSession.