[rules-users] loading rules dynamically

abarnaramachandran at gmail.com abarnaramachandran at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:06:05 EDT 2009

Hi
   Can you please give me an example to explain this? How to serialize
the rulebase and store it in database? The how do you load the rules
in memory?

thanks a lot in advance
ABRA

I think the better approach if possible is to serialize your rule base
and storing it in the database as such.  Storing the DRL and
recompiling your rules at run time will be quite expensive.  We have a
similar setup and it has worked out pretty well for us.

Hi,

 If the rules,conditions,consequences have to be loaded from the
database. I can think of following two approach. what would be right
approach( I will have upto 1200 rules in the db)

1. Programmatically inject the rules into rule engine using drools API.
2. Read the rules from the database and create drl or dsl file for
them and inject into rule engine.

Thanks