[rules-users] retrieving streams/entry points from java api

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:44:34 EDT 2009

   Chris,

   That is indeed missing in the public API. I am adding it as we speak,
thanks for bringing that up:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-2285

   Meanwhile, until we release the new version, the workaround is to
downcast the interface:

                              *for*(WorkingMemoryEntryPoint entry : session
.getWorkingMemoryEntryPoints()){

                                    System.*err*.println("entry point
stream: " +

((InternalWorkingMemoryEntryPoint)entry).getEntryPoint().getEntryPointId());

                              }
Edson

2009/9/29 Chris Richmond <crichmond at referentia.com>

>  Hello,
>

> I am trying to determine, iterate the working memory streams within my rule
> by doing the following:
>

>                               *for*(WorkingMemoryEntryPoint entry :
> session.getWorkingMemoryEntryPoints()){
>
>                                     System.*err*.println("entry point
> stream: " + entry.toString());
>
>                               }
>

> But I can find no method/way to finid the actual text name of the entry
> point(what is written in the rule as from entry-point “xxxx”).
>

> Is there a way to do this?  To list the readable names of the entry points
> from your session?  I would like to list those entry points in a drop down
> as application profiles, so if they have one selected, one entry point of
> rules will be inserted to and so on..
>

> Thanks,
>

> Chris

 Edson Tirelli