[rules-users] Importing Fact model in Eclipse

Ansgar Konermann ansgar.konermann at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:59:18 EDT 2010

On 02.04.2010 22:48, Shailesh Hedaoo wrote:
> Hi
>   I have created a Drools project and trying to create a guided rule
> in Eclipse 3.5 and Drools 5.0.x.
> I have my own domain objects in another java project to be used by
> Drools project.
> I want to use the java domain model as the "fact model" in my Drools
> project.
> How is that done ? Do i have to go thru the web based "guvnor" first ?
> All I m planing to have is a simple java project which has java
> classes of my domain model of POJOs and in my Drools project i want to
> use them as "fact model". How do i do it in eclipse IDE ?

Should suffice to add the fact model jar to the classpath of the project
containing your rules source code. That's how we did it when still
working with Eclipse (now switched to IDEA).

If you don't want to compile the jar beforehand, on the rules project's
root folder, right-click "build path" -> "configure build path", select
"Projects" tab, click "Add", check your fact model project and confirm
everything.

Kind regards

Ansgar