[rules-users] Logging using JSR94 StatelessRuleSession

madchen k.cheung at accenture.com
Thu Apr 8 18:33:28 EDT 2010

I set up the rule session basically like this:

RuleServiceProvider ruleServiceProvider =
RuleServiceProviderManager.getRuleServiceProvider("http://drools.org/");
RuleRuntime ruleRuntime = ruleServiceProvider.getRuleRuntime();
(StatelessRuleSession) session = ruleRuntime.createRuleSession( uri, null,
RuleRuntime.STATELESS_SESSION_TYPE);

I can't see a way to use AgendaEventListener because there is no place to
add listeners. I tried using KnowledgeRuntimeLoggerFactory, but I get this
error "org.drools.jsr94.rules.StatelessRuleSessionImpl cannot be cast to
org.drools.event.KnowledgeRuntimeEventManager"

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to do logging with this setup?

Thanks,
Kevin