[rules-users] Resuming Flow: NPE when completing a work item

nanic23 nanic23 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:52:43 EDT 2010

Hi Mauricio,

My test cases are business components that I can't share. But.... this is
just a very simple situation, nothing complicated here. You can do a very
simple flow that will suspend in a workItem to which you pass a Long (or
Integer) and then after it has been persisted try to reload it to complete
the work item...

In my case, I'm suspending in a HumanTask that just has a regular
WorkItemHandler behind (no Mina server), I am mapping a parameter of type
Long..... I have also tried the Integer option provided in the graphical
eclipse editor and none of them worked. When the flow is resuming and those
variables are getting restored I get the exception indicated on the first
post.

I wanted to point out that it is working fine when the parameter mapped is a
String instead of a Long or Integer.

I hope this helps clarifying things.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks,

Nick.