[rules-users] Facts, context, rules and queries

Patrick Sannes Patrick at i-dev.net
Wed Apr 14 16:59:20 EDT 2010

Hi

Im working on a project for which I need a toolset. From my study I
worked with prolog and with jess. So I have a basic understanding of
those tools. I want to create a factbase about a scenario. Those facts
are learned. I need to query those facts. In the meantime a contextual
factbase is created. The facts in this contextual factbase can
influence the other factbase based on rules that are also learned. So
for example, I like meat and vegetables, but on sunday I like only
vegetables. So when i ask to the system, what do I like, it should
tell me on all days meat and vegetables, but on sunday it should say
only vegetables. The thing is that I have the feeling that the type of
queries i like to make are brilliant to do in prolog, but the rules
part is a drools type of problem. Is there anyway to do this in one
environment? Or maybe Im not thinking in the right way.

Patrick