[rules-users] Rules Not executing

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 11:38:23 EDT 2010

Possibly it's because you were doing == on a String literal in your rule?

drools d00ds help me out here.  I know that there's a setting for how FactHandles are retrieved (via identity or equality lookup) but isn't there a setting for the default behavior of == on Strings? (identity vs equality again)  If the original rule's test (enrollmentType ==  "NewEnrollment") uses object identity instead of equals it would most likely fail unless the enrollmentType value is interned.