[rules-users] @role( event ) in guvnor

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Wed Dec 1 15:58:13 EST 2010

>Message: 3
>Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 02:16:05 -0800 (PST)
>From: Pankaj Khattar <pankaj.khattar1 at alcatel-lucent.com>
>Subject: Re: [rules-users] @role( event ) in guvnor
>To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
>

>Thanks for the info.
>
>Is there any workaround for the same as i am migerating my existing drl
file
>to guvnor & the drl file contains
>@role( event ) & @expires( 5m )
>--

Pankaj,

Try this - go into Guvnor and create a technical rule.  Clear out the
WHEN-THEN (i.e. make it blank).  In the rule editor, type:

declare factName
  @role(event)
  @expires(5m)
end

It should validate without any problems.  I think this might solve your
problem.  The other thing I discovered is that the Guided Editor won't
support entry-points, but you can use the Technical Editor for it, or
you can try to put the verbiage in the DSL translations.