[rules-users] Question about the FROM feature in RETE

Felipe Piccolini felipe.piccolini at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:29:25 EST 2010

Hi all,
    Has been so long since the last time I posted something in this email
list.... is nice to write again here, even if is a silly question.

Please if this question has being answered before don't be angry, and just
say so to make a better search, because looking for it in
the group gave me no results.

About the "from": If I have 2 rules containing a "from a list" sentence in
the LHS, and happens that the from is from the same list, will
RETE share that in the same node? I mean, will drools go through the list
once or twice? I wanna optimize the access to the list.
My first impression is that you guys made a great job and the "from ..."
should be treated as any other conditional item and share nodes...
but I just wanna be sure, because if not, then the best approach is to
extract all the elements in one rule and make the other rules
to just check for each element.

Thanks.

--
Felipe Piccolini