[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent exception while trying to deserialize

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Mon Dec 6 08:47:55 EST 2010

I had a ruleflow resource I needed to add, and I cleaned up my KB
creation code and that seemed to take care of it.  I also did a rebuild
of the package in Guvnor, so I'm not 100% sure what exactly fixed it,
but it is fixed.  Thanks for the follow-up.

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 04:47:23 +0000
>From: Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org>
>Subject: Re: [rules-users] KnowledgeAgent exception while trying to
>	deserialize KnowledgeDefinitionsPackage
>To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
>
>Did you recompile the packages in Guvnor, there is a button for that.
>Server and client must all be on the same version, as well as compiled
Packages.

>Mark
>On 03/12/2010 16:15, John Peterson wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting the following error when I attempt torun my Drools
>> application.  I recently upgraded from Drools 5.0.1 and Guvnor 5.0.1
>> to 5.1.1 (for both).  I've looked through the rules-users list and I
>> found the issue with the XML Change Set (authentication), which I've
>> addressed (XML listed at the bottom), but I'm still getting the
error.
>> Does anyone have any ideas or can point me in a particular direction?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Error:
>>
>> [2010:12:337 09:12:373:debug] KnowledgeAgent mapping
>> resource=[ClassPathResource path='ruleflow.rf'] to
>> KnowledgeDefinition=org.drools.ruleflow.core.RuleFlowProcess at 2d89ba2a
>>
>> [2010:12:337 09:12:373:exception]
>>
>> _java.lang.RuntimeException_: KnowledgeAgent exception while trying
>> deserialize KnowledgeDefinitionsPackage
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addResourcesToKnowledgeBase(_
>> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:914_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.rebuildResources(_KnowledgeAg
>> entImpl.java:704_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildKnowledgeBase(_Knowledge
>> AgentImpl.java:584_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(_KnowledgeAgen
>> tImpl.java:185_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(_KnowledgeAgen
>> tImpl.java:168_)
>>
>> at

com.agencyawards2.RuleSessionProviderFactory.getSessionFactory(_RuleSe
>> ssionProviderFactory.java:102_)
>>
>> at

com.agencyawards2.RuleSessionProviderFactory.getProvider(_RuleSessionP
>> roviderFactory.java:30_)
>>
>> at com.agencyawards2.RunRules.runRules(_RunRules.java:25_)
>>
>> at com.agencyawards2.DroolsTest.main(_DroolsTest.java:36_)
>>
>> Caused by:_java.lang.NullPointerException_
>>
>> at

org.drools.process.core.impl.ProcessImpl.equals(_ProcessImpl.java:134_
>> )
>>
>> at java.util.HashMap.put(Unknown Source)
>>
>> at java.util.HashSet.add(Unknown Source)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl$RegisteredResourceMap.putDefi
>> nition(_KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:1150_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addDefinitionMapping(_Knowled
>> geAgentImpl.java:1037_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildResourceMapping(_Knowled
>> geAgentImpl.java:496_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildResourceMapping(_Knowled
>> geAgentImpl.java:443_)
>>
>> at

org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addResourcesToKnowledgeBase(_
>> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:912_)
>>
>> ... 8 more
>>
>> Change Set:
>>
>> *<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> *
>>
>> *- <change-set xmlns="http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set"
>> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>> xs:schemaLocation="http://drools.org/drools-5.0/change-set
>> drools-change-set-5.0.xsd">*