[rules-users] Installing Drools Eclipse IDE on 64 bit linux

sholliday sharon.holliday at objectconsulting.com.au
Tue Dec 7 17:51:51 EST 2010

Thanks for the help ... that was the pointer I needed.
Something seems a bit strange, as the exact same installer script ran no
problems on a Windows 7 32 bit system.
http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n2036851/build.properties
build.properties
http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n2036851/build.xml
build.xml

In case anyone else has this issue, here is how I got eclipse to run in
Linux 64 bit.
 Eclipse IDE to run in Linux 64 bin:

    * Ran the drools installer (but with updated build.properties and
build.xml as attached) but then discarded the eclipse that this installs.
    * Downloaded the eclipse-reporting-galileo-SR2-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz
from here:  Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers   (I chose this
because it already comes with GEF and BIRT installed, and we are probably
going to use BIRT)
    * Installed Drools eclipse plugin from the update site:  (I selected all
the packages) http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/updatesite3.5/
    * Edited the  "eclipse.home" property in the build.properties file to
point at this new eclipse.
    * Opened the eclipse properties window and pointed the Drools runtime to
the install/runtime directory.