[rules-users] Using GlobalArea in Guvnor

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Fri Dec 10 11:48:21 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm working with Guvnor 5.1.1 and I'm having an issue accessing
Declarative Models defined in the Global Area in the Packages.  Is it
possible to create a shared model in the Global Area and then write
rules against them in other packages?  It would seem to me that the
answer would be yes (why else have a "Global" area), but, for some
reason, it doesn't seem to recognize them.

Here's a scenario:

I declare a DeclarativeModel in GlobalArea:

GenericFact
  id: Integer
  valueOne: Integer
  label: String
end

I have a package called com.experiment.  I'd like to write Business Rule
in it using that GenericFact.  However, when I click the "+" sign to add
a Fact, I see a yellow background over "Note: No model has been
defined."  Is there something that needs to be done to make the
GlobalArea stuff viewable from the individual packages?