[rules-users] Questions regarding Guvnor

Harshit Bapna hrbapna at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:46:48 EST 2010

Hello Esteban,

I am facing a problem in using your samples available at
http://ilesteban.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/guvnor-embed-assets-editor-in-your-application/

Steps:
1. Deployed the guvnor war from the location:
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/
2. Modified the form action URL to

http://127.0.0.1:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997
3. Opened the newAssetEditor.htm page in browser & changed the rule name to
"Bankruptcy history". This rule is available in the mortgage package in the
repository.
4. Click Submit. Opens a new page with error : HTTP Status 404 -
/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet

*I checked that web.xml has no url pattern for standaloneEditorServlet and
hence no servlet is invoked.*

Modification & Review
*1.* Updated web.xml by adding
     <servlet>
        <servlet-name>standaloneEditorService</servlet-name>

 <servlet-class>org.drools.guvnor.server.StandaloneEditorServiceImplementation</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>standaloneEditorServlet</servlet-name>

 <servlet-class>org.drools.guvnor.server.StandaloneEditorServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
     <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>standaloneEditorService</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorService</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>standaloneEditorServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
*After this change it worked....*
*
2.* In the guvnor war, I observed hat Guvnor.gwt.xml file is missing. Is
this OK? (I think new GWT version allows service mapping in web.xml. Is this
the reason that Guvnor.gwt.xml file is missing?)

Now I am going to do more analysis as the setup is working & will update
you.

Thanks for the samples.
Harshit