[rules-users] Using GlobalArea in Guvnor

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Tue Dec 14 13:24:37 EST 2010

>Message: 7
>Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:48:21 -0700
>From: "John Peterson" <john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com>
>Subject: [rules-users] Using GlobalArea in Guvnor
>To: <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
<D3A6E68928C9104BB815C83F43A36BDF0EF4EA42 at WPSCV6NH.OPR.STATEFARM.ORG>

>Hi,
>
>I'm working with Guvnor 5.1.1 and I'm having an issue accessing
>Declarative Models defined in the Global Area in the Packages.  Is it
>possible to create a shared model in the Global Area and then write
>rules against them in other packages?  It would seem to me that the
>answer would be yes (why else have a "Global" area), but, for some
>reason, it doesn't seem to recognize them.
>
>Here's a scenario:
>
>I declare a DeclarativeModel in GlobalArea:
>
>GenericFact
>  id: Integer
>  valueOne: Integer
>  label: String
>end
>
>I have a package called com.experiment.  I'd like to write Business
Rule
>in it using that GenericFact.  However, when I click the "+" sign to
add
>a Fact, I see a yellow background over "Note: No model has been
>defined."  Is there something that needs to be done to make the
>GlobalArea stuff viewable from the individual packages?

Follow-up from last Friday: I have not been able to figure out this
situation.

It would appear that I am supposed to "import" my model from my Global
Area into my other packages for use, but whenever I create "New
declarative model" or "Upload POJO Model jar" and then select "Import
asset from global area", there's nothing in the drop down for "Asset to
import".  I have 2 Model assets in the global area - one a POJO, the
other a Declarative model.  Is there something that needs to be done to
make these "visible" to the other packages?  I can't find anything in
the documentation about it.