[rules-users] Automatic unsubscribing from a Guvnor resource

Chris Selwyn chris at selwyn-family.me.uk
Wed Dec 15 04:41:22 EST 2010

My Guvnor is setup to save its repository in an Oracle database.
However, the DBAs have a schedule that takes the database down at night
for backup.

I am finding that, if I set up the ResourceChangeNotifier/Scanner system
then the resource gets unloaded from the KnowledgeBase when the database
is down.

Is this really a sensible behaviour?
I would like to think that there would be a distinction between the
resource disappearing from the repository (in which case it would
expected that the rules disappear from the  KB) and the repository not
being accessible (in which case I would hope that the rules would remain
cached in the KB).

I am using JBoss Rules 5.0.

Chris