[rules-users] DataBase Configuration for Drools

wasim.khan318 khanwasim07 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 22 03:15:43 EST 2010

Hi every body  i am new to Drools section . What i want to achive in drool
let me axplain with example.
When

Price==$price

then
// some code
what we are trying to do is some how value of $price comes from
database.rather hard coding it
what i have did

1. Using jboss developer   studio for developing Drool Application

2. Using MySql DataBase

3. My Class File

public static class Applicant {

		//public static final int HELLO = 0;
		//public static final int GOODBYE = 1;
private String Name;
private int Price;
		//private String message;

		//private int status;

		public String getName()
		{
			return this.Name;
		}
		public void setName( String name)
		{
			this.Name=name;
		}

		public int getPrice()
		{
		return this.Price;
		}
		public void setPrice(int price)
		{
			this.Price=price;
		}

		public String GetData()
		{
			String p=null;
			Connection con = null;

		    try {
		      Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
		      con = DriverManager.getConnection("my connection info ");

		      if(!con.isClosed())
		        System.out.println("Successfully connected to " +
		          "MySQL server using TCP/IP...");

		    } catch(Exception e) {
		      System.err.println("Exception: " + e.getMessage());
		    } finally {

		    }
		   try{
		   Statement  smt=con.createStatement();

		   ResultSet  rs=smt.executeQuery("select ItenPrice from Item Where
ItemId= 1");
		   while(rs.next())
		   {
			   p=rs.getString("ItenPrice");
		   }
		   }
		   catch(Exception a)
		   {
			   System.err.println("Exception: " + a.getMessage());
		   }

		  return p;
		}
		public void GetNewdata(Applicant Ap)
		{
			Ap.GetData();
		}

		/*
		public String getMessage() {
			return this.message;
		}

		public void setMessage(String message) {
			this.message = message;
		}

		public int getStatus() {
			return this.status;
		}

		public void setStatus(int status) {
			this.status = status;
		}*/

	}
4. My drools File
package com.sample

import com.sample.DroolsTest.Applicant;

rule "Hello World"

	when

A:Applicant( price<20 )

	then

	String a=A.GetData();
	System.out.println( a );

end
5. what i want in when section insted of writing 20 i can write GetData()
which is returning value from data base, it is working fine in then section
but firing error in when section