[rules-users] StreamCorruptedException - invalid stream

John Peterson john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com
Mon Dec 27 13:47:55 EST 2010

A little more information:
- Prior to upgrading the drools-guvnor.war file on the server to 5.1.1
and my local eclipse install of Drools to 5.1.1, I had successfully run
from my eclipse to the server many times (using version 5.0.1 on both).
- I'm unable to access or utilize the old packages created prior to the
upgrade to 5.1.1 (see rules-users Digest vol.49, issue 61 from 12/23 -
"message 6" attached below)
- I CAN run the application locally, using the Guvnor 5.1.1 standalone
installed on my computer.  This makes me think something is out of synch
with the server and my computer.

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:05:50 -0700
>From: "John Peterson" <john.peterson.gv3k at statefarm.com>
>Subject: [rules-users] StreamCorruptedException - invalid stream
>To: <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
<D3A6E68928C9104BB815C83F43A36BDF0F0C6446 at WPSCV6NH.OPR.STATEFARM.ORG>

> [...]
locally.
> When I run it locally, it works fine.  The server installation of
> JBoss AS was downloaded and installed at the same time as Drools
5.1.1.

> When I try to run it connecting to the remote server (on Linux), I get

> the following error:
>
> [2010:12:361 09:12:910:debug] KnowledgeAgent rebuilding KnowledgeBase
> using ChangeSet
>
> [2010:12:361 09:12:972:exception]
>
> ***java.lang.RuntimeException*: KnowledgeAgent exception while trying
> to deserialize KnowledgeDefinitionsPackage
>
>         at
> org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.createPackageFromResource(***
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:664*)
>
>         at
> org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.addResourcesToKnowledgeBase(*
> **
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:889*)
>
>         at
> org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.rebuildResources(***
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:704*)
>
>         at
> org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.buildKnowledgeBase(***
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:584*)
>
>         at org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(***
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:185*)
>
>         at org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.applyChangeSet(***
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:168*)
>
>         at
> com.agencyawards2.RuleSessionProviderFactory.getSessionFactory(
> ***RuleSessionProviderFactory.java:95*)
>
>         at
> com.agencyawards2.RuleSessionProviderFactory.getProvider(***
> RuleSessionProviderFactory.java:35*)
>
>         at com.agencyawards2.RunRules.runRules(***RunRules.java:27*)
>
>         at com.agencyawards2.DroolsTest.main(***DroolsTest.java:40*)
>
> Caused by:*** java.io.StreamCorruptedException*: invalid stream
header:
> 7061636B
>
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
>
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
>         at org.drools.common.DroolsObjectInputStream.<init>(***
> DroolsObjectInputStream.java:71*)
>
>         at org.drools.core.util.DroolsStreamUtils.streamIn(***
> DroolsStreamUtils.java:205*)
>
>         at org.drools.core.util.DroolsStreamUtils.streamIn(***
> DroolsStreamUtils.java:174*)
>
>         at
> org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl.createPackageFromResource(***
> KnowledgeAgentImpl.java:653*)
>
>         ... 9 more
>
> [2010:12:361 09:12:03:debug] KnowledgeAgent obtaining pkg
> resource=[UrlResource path='file:src/main/rules/ruleflow.rf']
>
> The only thing I can think of that is different is that I recently
> upgraded my Guvnor 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 on the Server.  I did this by
> replacing the drools-guvnor.war with the newer version.  Did that
> create some sort of compatibility between my local 5.1.1 installation
> and the server installation of 5.1.1 on top of the old 5.0.1?

<D3A6E68928C9104BB815C83F43A36BDF0F0C5F61 at WPSCV6NH.OPR.STATEFARM.ORG>

>Hi,
>
>We recently upgraded from Drools/Guvnor 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 (early
December).
>We had an existing package we had developed in 5.0.1 that we had not
done much with since the upgrade.  This morning, we tried to open one of
the rules in that package and we get the following messages:

>Unable to validate package configuration (eg, DSLs, models) for
[package name]. Suggestion completions may not operate correctly for
graphical editors for this package.

>Unable to get content assistance for this rule.
>
>Unable to get content assistance for this rule.
>

>I've tried to re-upload the 3 jar files (I saw this post as a possible
>solution: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/23407),
>but I get "Unable to upload the file".  New packages seem to be okay
(e.g. packages created since the upgrade).  Does anyone have any
thoughts on what's going on here?