[rules-users] R: [planner] taboo list question

dmzpippo-drools at yahoo.it dmzpippo-drools at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 5 18:45:51 EST 2010

Hi Geoffrey,

Today I tried to follow the process for selecting a tabu move through propertytabuList. correct me if I misunderstood:
Make a moveCreate a collection of objects through the method getTabuProperties()In the class AbstractTabuAccepter I check if at least one of these objects is contained in propertyTabuList. in this case the
move is considered taboo (unless the aspiration criteria). [These
objects are called from the method findTabu(moveScope) of Class
PropertyTabuAccepter]When I chose the move to do for the current step, I insert in propertyTabuList objects generated by the method getTabuProperties() [these
objects are called from the method findNewTabu(stepScope) of Class
PropertyTabuAccepter]In this way, however, are not able to decide when I make a move which other moves I considered taboo.
For giving me this opportunity I'm trying a new way.
tried to change :
the interface TabuPropertyEnabled adding a method
representationMove()
the method findTabu(moveStep) of Class
PropertyTabuAccepter internally
calls representationMove().In this way the cycle of selecting a move would be:
Make a movecreate a representation of the move with the method representationMove()if this representation is contained in propertyTabuList the
move is considered taboo (unless the aspiration criterion). [These
objects are called from the method findTabu(moveScope) of Class
PropertyTabuAccepter]When I chose the move to do for the current step, I insert in propertyTabuList objects generated by the method getTabuProperties() [these
objects are called from the method findNewTabu(stepScope) of Class
PropertyTabuAccepter]
Recalling the example that you had posted yesterday
If for example I have 5 vehicles and 20 customer and I want to move the customer 6 from the vehicle 0 to vehicle 1, then:
(6,0,1) => is the representation of the move [generated by representationMove()](6,1,0), (6,2,0), (6,3,0), (6,4,0) => are the moves that I want I considered taboo. [generated by getTabuProperties()]
By the first tests I noticed that in this way avoids the situation where at an step I make a move and at the one after a back move. Next week I will have to do some more detailed tests.

regards,
Marco