[rules-users] Events facts in process constraints

paulB paul.borlin at sironahealth.com
Wed Feb 10 12:34:27 EST 2010

Thanks for the reply, Edson.

First off, I have verified the version of Drools I am using to be 5.0.1 .

In my DRL file, the imports are as follows:
    import com.company.TrxQueueIn
    declare TrxQueueIn
       @role( event )
       @timestamp( releaseTime )

And in my RF file, the imports are as follows:
    <imports>
      <import name="com.company.TrxQueueIn" />
    </imports>

My initial thought would be that I would not have to declare an import for
the RF file, since the import and declaration exist on the DRL file.  When I
don't put that import in the RF file, then I get the following error:

Unable to resolve ObjectType 'TrxQueueIn' : [Rule
name='RuleFlow-Split-PEPpostEvent-5-10']
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not parse knowledge.
	at RuleFlowTest.readKnowledgeBase(RuleFlowTest.java:167)

Additionally, if I remove the DECLARE statement from the DRL file (and
associated event logic) leaving the imports on both files, all works well.
However, my rules need the sliding time window logic to work properly.

Are there additional attributes to the <import> tag the declare the fact
role?  I wasn't able to find that.

Thank you for any additional insight,
Paul