[rules-users] CEP Rule question

Glenn Macgregor gmacgregor at pocketkings.ie
Fri Feb 12 09:28:27 EST 2010

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help so far I could not have gotten this far this fast without it. I have a couple questions regarding windows, accumulate and CEP.

*         Is this a valid rule:
$param : Parameter(name == "testParam")
$uEvent : ParameterUpdateEvent(name == $param.name, $value : value) over window:length(5) from entry-point "EPOne"

The above rule compiles and runs but the issue is I see: OBJECT RETRACTED value:ie.pk.SystemsManagement.Alerting.ParameterUpdateEvent at 19ea173 factId: 6
After inserting each event, I would think the length window would fill up before any are retracted.

*         Is there anyway to tell if a window is full, I don't want to hit the consequence if the window is not yet full.

*         Is there a way to name windows, my use case is as follows:

o   Drools application is reading updates from an ActiveMQ bus and turning them into ParamUpdateEvents and inserting each event into EPOne

o   Each of these parameter updates contains one param value, so I could get an update for param1 then an update for param2...

o   Is it possible to have one rule which would sum the last 5 values of param1 and sum the last 5 values of param2. I can only get it to sum the last 5 updates without regard for wich param it is

I hope this somewhat clear.

Thanks for you help.

 Glenn