[rules-users] Triggers on Start node

paulB paul.borlin at sironahealth.com
Mon Feb 15 13:00:01 EST 2010

I have created a start node in my RuleFlow as follows:

    <start id="1" name="Start" x="171" y="16" width="80" height="40">
        <triggers>
            <trigger type="event">
                <eventFilters>
                    <eventFilter type="eventType"
eventType="SurveyCompleted" />
                </eventFilters>
            </trigger>
        </triggers>
    </start>

I'm additionally using the following code snippet in RHS of a rule:

    drools.getKnowledgeRuntime().signalEvent( type, eventData );

Works great, but I am unsure how to get eventData and assign it to a
variable in the started process.  I see there is an element under <trigger>:

    <mapping type="in" from="something" to="SomeVar" />

However, I am unsure if this is the element to use.  If so, what would be
the appropriate value in the "from" attribute?

Thanks!