[rules-users] Drools / JBoss Rules in the medical field

Nathan Bell Nathan.Bell at pharmacyonesource.com
Mon Feb 15 20:07:19 EST 2010

We are in the early stages of a project that will be using several
facets of the Drools platform. Based on our current research and
prototyping work we know we will use at least Drools Expert, and may end
up using all four components. I'm new to this user group, so I apologize
if the questions I am about to ask have been asked (and answered)
before. I did spend some time searching for these answers before I sent
this email if that helps any. J

1.       I could not locate a forum for the Drools community. There seem
to be forums for a number of things here (http://community.jboss.org/),
but no forum for Drools. Am I missing something?

2.       I spent some time today reading articles about the use of "Rule
Engines"/"Expert Systems"/"Complex Event Processing"/"CEP" in
healthcare. I found a few things, but I would like to find more data
about what people are actually doing in the medical/clinical field with
rules engines & CEP. Does anyone have any resources they can point me
to? Things like white papers, case studies, and research would be great.
Of particular interest to me are recent articles and information about
the use of Drools to build event driven systems for the healthcare
industry.

Thank You,

Nathan Bell