[rules-users] Ruleflow diagram customization

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 19:25:46 EST 2010

Playing around on Macintosh I selected Drools preference to allow customization of nodes in Drools rule flows, and after restart, the properties view then had a color attribute.  Changing the color attribute has no effect on the diagram, but then I received an error during execution indicating that the color attribute was not permitted.  I manually deleted this attribute and all was the same as before.

Then I checked it out on a Windows machine which refused to open the rule flow because there was no toType on the constraints.  (The Mac did not care).  Went back and reproduced the behavior, which is that allowing customization and making a change in the color eliminated ALL references for toType="DROOLS_DEFAULT" in the rf file, and on the Windows platform, this was not readable.

Am sure that this is a "feature in evolution" but perhaps the preferences dialog should be altered so as to not allow the user to commit this crime.

J Michael Dean
mdean77 at comcast.net