[rules-users] Negating a result

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 02:22:12 EST 2010

Hi,

I've been playing with Drools for a few weeks now, using rule templates, but
using mostly Java with eval().  I am now trying to re-write my program in
DRL, (to get that sweet RETE working).

I've got a situation where my rules are either "may not be" or "must be" in
the condition.

In Java, I work out everything assuming "may not be", and in the last line,
return (negationMod ? result : !result);

But in DRL... i'm a bit lost.  I guess I'll have to split up the rule
templates, one for "may not be" and one for "must be"?  Is there a better
way?

Regards
Daniel