[rules-users] guvnor - dsl rule editor - using ":" in text box

John Walker John.R.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 17 03:22:16 EST 2010

All,

I have a DSL sentence that looks like this:
[when]- and var9 matches {v9}=field9!=null, field9 matches "{v9}"

When using the Guvnor guided rule editor, I add the "- and var9 matches
{v9}" DSL sentence to the rule, giving me a WHEN condition like this:
- and var9 matches [text box]

I want to put a URL in the text box, but anytime I use a value
containing a colon":",
I get a popup box with error message "The value [some value with a
colon] is not valid for this field"

Example:
DSL in rule, using guvnor guided editor:  "- and var9 matches
[http://google.com]"
Popup error message:   "The value http://google.com is not valid for
this field"

What needs to happen to allow a value with a colon?  I did not have this
problem with drools4 and JBRMS.

Thanks,
John