[rules-users] How to use Drools 5 TimeMachine for controlling effective dates?

H.C. canterburry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:00:06 EST 2010

Hey,

I have a use case where we need to retroactively process data using rules,
but with the rules that were effective at the time the data was created
(maybe a year ago), not at the time the data is run through the engine
(today). We are setting effective and expiration dates on our rules to
accomplish this.

I am now trying to figure out how to control the date the agenda sees
against which it evaluates which rules are in effect. I understand the
TimeMachine class is part of this control mechanism but I am not sure how to
properly use it in the context of a session.

We may have multiple stateless sessions executing at the same time and each
session needs its own independent control over its date parameter.

Thanks
HC