[rules-users] Understanding "no viable alternative ..." errors

Pritam infinity2heaven at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:09:07 EST 2010

While executing the following rule,

rule "home dummy"
	when
	    pointId: Point(page == "home", region ="center-content")
	    content: Content(id=="adslot")
	    properties["type"]=="ad" from content
	then
	    filter.put(content.id, true);
end

I get the following error:
[ERR 101] Line 16:46 no viable alternative at input 'EQUALS' in rule "home
dummy" in pattern PointId[18,16]: [ERR 102] Line 18:16 mismatched input
'"type"' expecting ']' in rule "home dummy" in pattern properties

The documentation explains that this is the most common error but I still
struggle to understand the correct grammar for writing rules. Can anyone
point me to a good resource (I even read the book "drools 5) for writing the
following rule in a drl format?

" If a Point has a page, "home" and region, "center-content" and the Content
id is "adslot" with a property, type as "ad" then filter the Content (using
a global map and passing a boolean flag)

Thanks