[rules-users] How do you know when all rules have finished

drooler david_wynter at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 12:39:46 EST 2010

Thx for the answer to the 1st question.

The second question should have been more precise. I suppose what I do not
'get' yet is how the Planner interacts with the fact that the generations
change. The examples for the solver show it working against a static set of
facts, the planner move mechanism is the thing that varies the facts. My
need to iterate over a number of generations to be able to see how affective
my 'nutrients' are does not sit well with how the planner/solver works on a
static set of facts.

If I rephrase it might help. In my case the selection of which generation is
the current one is controlled by my rules or a fireAllRules() iteration.
Then the 'score' in my case can only be determined after several generations
have been interated through making each 'current' in turn. I currently have
a object that keeps the current 'score' and high score as I iterate through
the generations. I want to see how varying the parameters of the 'nutrients'
fed to each organism affects the 'health' over several generations. I feel I
have one too many dimensions in my problem space here to be able to use the
Solver/Planner. But maybe with some tweaking of the objects that describe my
problem I take take advantage of it. Sorry to be a bit vague, I might just
have to experiment with using it.

David