[rules-users] 5.1.0 CR1: Drools Spring Configuration Changed?

David Shields david.shields at duke.edu
Mon Jul 26 15:11:18 EDT 2010

I am a Drools newbie, and I think I am having a similar problem with the
distribution jars for Drools 5.0.1.  I thought there was something missing
from my setup...

I originally got a NPE on executing the following line of code:
KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();

After improving my exception handling, I was able to narrow it down to a
"ProviderInitializationException"
thrown by the code in the depth of KnowledgeBuilderFactory which was
trying to instantiate a missing "provider".

Is this the same problem?

David Shields
Division of Clinical Informatics
Department of Community and Family Medicine
Duke University Medical Center

Phone (919) 681-6176
Mobile(864) 787-8551
Fax      (919) 684-8675

tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com>
Sent by: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
07/26/2010 02:33 PM
Please respond to
Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

rules-users at lists.jboss.org
cc

Subject
[rules-users] 5.1.0 CR1: Drools Spring Configuration Changed?

JPAKnowledgeServiceBean which is a core entry point into Drools from
Spring,
used to define/initialize ( in 5.1.0 M2 at least ) a
"jpaKnowledgeServiceProvider" ( JPAKnowledgeFactoryService ).

Now the initialization is commented out, however "JPAKnowledgeServiceBean"
is still trying to use it to create/load Sessions, and of course
NullPointerException is raised:

    https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2593

Any updates were made that depreciate "JPAKnowledgeServiceBean"? Anything
different (from 5.1.0 M2) in configuration needs to be done?

Thank you,
/Anatoly