[rules-users] Error on Rule Parsing on JBOSS server

ramram ramram858 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 04:10:26 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have the below rule that I am testing when using a Tomcat server errors
the application deploys fine and the rule fires with no errors on the other
hand when I tried to deploy the same war on JBOSS I had the following
exception can anyone help on this.

Exception (
              ERROR [STDERR] [1,9]: [ERR 101] Line 1:9 no viable alternative
at input '.'
                    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not parse
knowledge.
                    at
com.fp.engine.RuleEngineDef.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(RuleEngineDef.java:49)
                    at
com.fp.engine.RuleEngineDef.getSession(RuleEngineDef.java:29)
              )

#created on: May 12, 2010
package com.fp

#list any import classes here.
import com.fp.vo.StageLine;

rule "test revenue rule"
	when
		stgLine : StageLine (  ruleName == 'testRev' )
	then
	    System.out.println("++++ RULE HIT ON NETSALES ++++");