[rules-users] Calling a rule within a rule

Dinesh kumar dinp87 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:23:34 EDT 2010

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The explanation of rule evaluation flow is really
good.

Solution 1: I cannot use all the rules in a single rule because actual rules
are very complicated and in real scenarios i will actually have many rules
within a single rule and on success of that I need to execute another rule.
Also, I need to return different messages based on rules. If Rule1 fails i
needs return message 1 and rule 2 fails i need to return message 2. But,
there is no point in executing Rule 2 when Rule 1 fails.

Solution 2: As you said will be easy to implement. But , I believe it might
affect the performance and may not be a feasible solution. Anyways, the idea
is quite simple and smart. Thanks for the idea.

Solution 3 : I need to explore on what is Logical insert as I have very
little idea on what it is. I will give a try with this..

Thank again for your help. I was exploring ways to call a rule within a
rule. You made it clear.. !!!

Dinesh kumar