[rules-users] Knowledge Agent Question

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 11:40:33 EDT 2010

If yo are using Kagent, you don't need to add the change set to kbuilder.
The steps you need to implement should be something like this:

1. Start ResourceChangeScanner and ResourceChangeMonitor services
2. Create a changeset.xml file containing all the resources you want to add
to the kagent's kbase
3. Create a new kagent
4. kagent.applyChangeSet() <-- The agent will process each resource the xml
defines and add a monitor to detect further changes.
5. kagent.getKnowledgeBase() <-- the agen't kbase will contain all the rules
now

If you are looking for examples:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/agent/

The bad new is that kagent can't manage dsl/dslr resouces yet. I'm working
on that right now. Please follow these issues to be inform:
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2377 &
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2350

Best,

Esteban Aliverti