[rules-users] Accessing collections in conditional statements (inside/outside working memory)

Evert Penninckx evert.penninckx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 07:42:48 EDT 2010

Thanks for the info, Thomas.

Currently, I'm not modifying the children. Yet :) For now my rules are only
deriving, I hope I can keep it this way, but we'll see.

Good point about the exists. Many of my rules have indeed as condition the
existence of "a" child. But, in many cases I use some bindings which are
referred to in another condition or consequence, like
rule "01"
when
    $child : Child($attribute : attribute)
    $parent : Parent(children contains $child)
then
   // do stuff
end
To use the exists clause I rewrote them to
rule "02"
when
   $parent : Parent()
   exists( Child() from $parent.children )
then
   // do stuff
end
However, in rule 02 I loose the binding for $attribute.  I'll have to get it
from another, probably more adequate, fact.

Greetz

Evert