[rules-users] Looking up values in WHEN block

Dobedani dobedani at gmx.net
Fri Jun 25 09:40:32 EDT 2010

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks a lot for the help! I already knew that defining rules for Drools is
an act of declarative programming. Now I understand better what that means
and I'm getting the hang of it. I did indeed introduce a new class called
UpperBound. I built in something so that I can deal with different types of
symptoms. Finally, I replaced the initialisation rule with this one:

rule "Initialisation"
    salience 100
    when
        eval(true);  // always!
    then
        insert(new UpperBound("AnimalDiseaseSymptom", "fever", 20));
        # etc.
end;

Regards, Dobedani