[rules-users] Bug in Eclipse Download Script

Lawrence Terrill rules at ebdx.com
Tue Jun 29 06:49:21 EDT 2010

There is a little bug in the Eclipse Download Script related to Drools plugin build that I've been meaning to mention. The bug is in the source tree, drools-eclipse/drools-eclipse-build in the file setupEclipse.xml. The target 'checkEclipseJar' mistakenly checks for a hard-coded '.zip' file extension. This target should use the symbolic '${download.extension}'. This only a problem on OSX and Linux machines where the Eclipse archive is a '.tar..gz' file.

Very low priority issue since the subsequent unnecessary 'getEclipseJar' target actually checks to see if the file has changed before actually downloading it again. And so a duplicate download is avoided anyway. But that bug nags me whenever I build Drools.

Thanks!  Wasn't sure the 'right way' to report that. I hope this list was OK.