[rules-users] Persistence issue using Oracle

wytten dale.wyttenbach at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 10:28:32 EST 2010

The changes I made for Oracle were:
1. Add ojdbc5 11.1.0.7.0 to classpath
2. Change the hibernate.dialect in persistence.xml to
org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect
3. Use oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource for the PoolingDataSource
class name

The tables will be created depending on how you have persistence.xml
configured (I used hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto value 'create')
However, I did experience a problem with the eventTypes member of
ProcessInstanceInfo:
'create table ProcessInstanceInfo_eventTypes' yields the error 'ORA-00972:
identifier is too long'.

The team is aware of this but I haven't seen a fix yet.

Hope this helps.