[rules-users] Question About Programmatically Creating Drools Rules Remotely

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 01:55:03 EDT 2010

If you have created a .drl file you can

        kBuilder.add( ResourceFactory.newFileResource( "some.drl" ),
ResourceType.DRL );
        if( kBuilder.hasErrors() ){ ...}
        OutputStream os = new FileOutputStream( "some.pkg" );
        ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream( os );
        oos.writeObject( kBuilder.getKnowledgePackages() );

That's now a serialized package. And so you can load this package into a
Knowledge Base:

        KnowledgeBase kBase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
        InputStream is = new FileInputStream( "some.pkg" );
        ObjectInputStream ois = new ObjectInputStream( is );
        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
        Collection<KnowledgePackage> kpkgs = (Collection<KnowledgePackage>)
ois.readObject();
        ois.close();
        kBase.addKnowledgePackages( kpkgs );

-W