[rules-users] removeKnowledgePackage Call Hangs!!

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 16:41:57 EDT 2010

If it's package dependent it might be hard for the devs to reproduce.

To facilitate debugging, and to gather information for a JIRA post, try detecting the deadlock.  When the call hangs try connecting to the JVM using JConsole. (It's included in the JDK for java5 and later.) From JConsole, go to the "Threads" tab and click the "Detect Deadlock" button.

If you're on a linux (and I think also Solaris) system you can perform a "kill -3" on the JVM process to get the same information.  It will dump the thread state to stdout.