[rules-users] Declaring events separately from rules breaks expires

Samuli Saarinen samuli.saarinen at remion.com
Mon Nov 1 02:45:27 EDT 2010

On 29.10.2010 19:18, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
> On 29 October 2010 16:08, Samuli Saarinen <samuli.saarinen at remion.com
> <mailto:samuli.saarinen at remion.com>> wrote:
>     Further more if I declare the event in both of the files with different
>     @expires the one being used is the one that is added first. I was hoping
>     that the first declaration to be a "default expires" that could be
>     overwritten later on with a new declaration but it seems that this is
>     currently not possible.
>

> If it were  possible to enhance the very same class with different
> metadata such
> as @expires, I'd open a JIRA and call it a bug.

Should declaring the same event multiple times throw an exception then
if it's not allowed?

I don't know if it makes sense to override other metadata but I think
with expires it could be possible to use the greater value of two
different declarations as the engine already uses multiple sources for
calculating the actual expires (explicit vs. implicit).

Cheers,
Samuli

--
Remion Oy           Etävalvontajärjestelmät liiketoiminnan
Samuli Saarinen           tehostamiseen