[rules-users] process-designer deserialization error

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Nov 3 11:15:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

It is possible there are still issues between Oryx and Drools Eclipse
plugin, as they are both using the same spec but not necessarily the
same version (or interpreting the spec differently).  First of all, I
would recommend updating to the latest version of the Oryx designer
(unfortunately you'll have to use Chrome as browser in that case as it
doesn't load on FF, something small we still have to fix) which can be
found here:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/contrib/designer/1.0.0.026-SNAPSHOT/

The reason is that the first version of the designer (which you were
using) was still using the beta1 version of the BPMN2 spec.  The eclipse
plugin is already using the beta2 version, and so is the latest version
of the designer.  There is still limited support for the beta1 format,
that's why eclipse will be able to open and save a BPMN2 file created in
Oryx (it will use beta1 format in that case), but starting from Eclipse
won't work in Oryx (as the old version of Oryx won't understand the
beta2 format).  You can see the difference by looking at the namespace
used for bpmn, which will be different for beta1 and beta2.

The other problem you mentioned, the "g" namespace not being added to
the BPMN2 file, is indeed a known issue that is already fixed on the
latest trunk.  I suggest you download a latest version of the Eclipse
plugin here:
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/

Kris